Friday, August 3, 2012

Fool Me Twice



My heart has been shattered
My feelings a wreck
When I learned your deceit
It snapped my soul’s neck
It used to be us
With such strength and honor
Now when we fuck
Do you long to be on HER?
How could you do it?
Not once, but twice?
You say I should trust you
But you told me lies
You say they’re not lies
But you hid the truth
You did something deceitful
Did something uncouth
You did something that hurt me
Both now and back then
Knowing how much it hurt me
Why did you do it AGAIN?
I used to trust you
You made me feel safe
Now I’m doubting myself
And I’m losing my faith
My man, my protector
The one with my heart
Abandoned and hurt me
Now I’m falling apart
You get mad and yell
And throw things in my face
Retreat like a coward
Leave me in disgrace
You just don’t respect me
As shown by your actions
My tears, hurt, and anger
Are natural reactions
If I did unto you
As you’ve done unto me
You’d be much more angry
You’ll have to agree
I used to feel comfort
Beside you in bed
Now I lay awake and wonder
If she’s in your head
Or maybe not her
That plays in your dreams
But some other girl
With whom your mind schemes
My blood slowly boils
My heart beats too fast
We were going to be married
But that did not last
We called off the wedding
The reasons abound
But mention of other girls
Did not make a sound
I can’t even describe
How hurt that I feel
Spend every day praying
That it just isn’t real


You no longer want me
As your partner, your wife
I’m not the only woman
That you want in your life
How could I be so foolish?
To fall for your charm?
Thought you’d make my life better
Not cause me such harm
You do some great things
Then others are bad
You make me so happy
Then you make me so sad


I wish that you'd love me 
Till death do us part
As your one and only
Not one little part.

No comments:

Post a Comment